Little Ark Dog Grooming is the longest-running grooming shop in San Francisco!
- 1976 – The shop began as Noah’s Ark located in the Excelsior.
- 1987 – Little Ark moved to the current location in the Castro/Duboce Triangle.
- 2014 – The shop was purchased by long time employee and lead groomer Kim McCormack and her friend Yuri. The shop was also completely renovated and earthquake retrofitted.
Little Ark has received several Best of the Bay awards, including Top 3 and #1 in San Francisco in 2016, and takes pride in being a strong part of the local community.
Little Ark was renovated in 2014 to provide a safe, sanitary and healthy environment for our furry friends (and not so-furry friends). The building went through a complete earthquake retro-fit and was furnished with brand new stainless steel tubs, as well as painted using non-toxic paints.
At Little Ark, we do not use kennels; instead, there is over 600 sq. ft. of open-air play space where your dog can play with friends in between stages of grooming. We also offer a quiet space for dogs that prefer a more relaxed environment.
The Owners: Kim and Yuri
Is your dog your best friend? Perhaps it makes sense that owners Kim and Yuri have also been best friends for over 20 years.
- Kim has spent her entire career as a dog groomer. After working at Little Ark for 14 years, she bought the business in 2014. She has expertise with show dogs and is known for her impeccable cuts. She is also known for being very successful with dogs that are considered difficult to cut.
- Yuri has been a successful manager for over 10 years, but had always wanted to own a business. When Kim asked him to come on board at Little Ark, Yuri couldn’t resist the opportunity to be a business owner while also working alongside his best friend.
”We are one of the longest running business in the area and I’m proud of that. I still do this work because I love the dogs. We laugh a lot at work. I feel very fortunate that I enjoy my job. We all do here. What more could someone want?” – Kim McCormack, co-owner
Little Ark Dog Grooming is fun not only for the dogs, but for our employees too! We have a committed, lively group of support staff who will take great care of your dogs. We hope you’ll get to know them.